Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Falling into place...

I've never done one of these before but bear with me and we'll see how it goes!!

First of all, a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you that have helped to make this amazing trip possible. We are leaving in 13 days and I'm excited/nervous/scared and yet still have school to finish up!!

Some updates -

Tickets have been bought and we are leaving June 23 arriving in Arusha on June 24. We are leaving Arusha on Aug 18 and arriving back in Oregon on Aug 19. I've been shot, drugged and prophylaxed and am ready to go with probably not a clue of what I'm about to encounter. We're also going to be staying with a family while we're there that lives a little bit outside the main city of Arusha which I think we're all excited about and will be a great opportunity to learn more about what life is like on a day to day basis and get a chance to practice our Swahili! We've also collected a bunch of supplies that we'll be taking over to donate to the hospital. We've also met a couple doctors who will be there in July (Dr. Lace) and August (Dr. Temple). From what we've heard from Michelle, Hailey and Lindsay B who went last year, they are great resources and excellent teachers that we'll be able to learn from.

All in all, I think we've prepared as well as we can and we just have to sit back, enjoy the ride and go with the flow!!

All that's left is to finish up one more exam on June 18 and my first year of medical school is over!!

Much love,
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Amy,

    Great start. I am so excited for you and we will get you through the next week and a half.

    Just so you know, I can read the orange print on the grey screen pretty well. If others can't- they may want to post a note so you can.

    Okay hon - focus on studying - the rest will fall into place. Have faith! Love you - Mom

    ReplyDelete